Thursday, September 3, 2009

ACTUAL PICTURE OF KIDNAPPED JAYCEE AT POLICE STATION

                        




This photo was taken in the police station last week when Phillip Garrido was arrested.


THE EARLIER VICTIM IN THE GARRIDO CASE read her story

Katie Callaway Hall trembled for four hours when she heard Phillip Garrido was arrested.

His name sent a flurry of emotion running through her mind."I screamed," she told CNN's Larry King on Monday night. "I started screaming 'Oh my god, Oh my god, it's him.' "

She has thought about him every day since November 22, 1976 when he asked her for a ride at a supermarket in California, before handcuffing her, binding her and taking her to a mini-warehouse in Reno, Nevada, where he raped her.

While Hall has tried to suppress some of the memories of what happened to her that night, Garrido's arrest took her mind back to that night in November.

"A man tapped on my window and asked for a ride," she said. "I agreed."

When she stopped the car to drop him off, Garrido took the keys out of the ignition, according to court documents from Garrido's appeal in the case.

Garrido, then 25, "told [Hall] it wasn't intentional that he had taken her, but that it was her fault because she was attractive," according to the documents.

"Soon after, I was cuffed, bound, gagged, and taken to a warehouse," Hall told CNN.

She was kept in the 6 by 12-foot storage facility, which Hall remembers was stacked with half-opened boxes with China-type dishes inside.

Large, heavy carpets were hanging from the ceiling, spaced apart every few feet

"It was like a maze," she said. "And in the back of the mini warehouse where he had me, he had it set up to keep someone for awhile."

"Most of the details about what happened to me after I entered that warehouse have been repressed."

She told Larry King that she feared for her life. "I thought I was dead," she said.

Hall was held in the small storage facility for five hours before she heard a noise.

"My recollections begin around 3 a.m. Someone banged on the door. I remember thinking, 'Oh my God, his friends are coming,' " she said. "Garrido said, 'Do I have to tie you up or are you going to be good.' "

She told him she would be good, but she knew if it was the police banging outside, she was going to "have to try something.""I thought I was dead," she said.

Hall was held in the small storage facility for five hours before she heard a noise.

"My recollections begin around 3 a.m. Someone banged on the door. I remember thinking, 'Oh my God, his friends are coming,' " she said. "Garrido said, 'Do I have to tie you up or are you going to be good.' "

She told him she would be good, but she knew if it was the police banging outside, she was going to "have to try something."

"I barreled my way out of the warehouse completely naked. I could see the officer and Garrido standing there. They both looked at me like I was crazy," she said. "I couldn't see the officer's car. I thought 'Oh God, he's not a real cop.' My state of mind was such that I couldn't fully embrace what I was seeing. Finally, I saw his police car."

Garrido tried to tell the cop Hall was his girlfriend."I screamed, 'No I'm not -- help me, help me,' " she said. "The officer told me to go back in and put my clothes on. When I went inside, Garrido must have convinced the officer we were both on drugs, because he let Garrido go back into the building alone," Hall said. "I had already put some of my clothes on. Garrido came back in and begged me not to turn him in." Half-dressed, Hall said she maneuvered past him and asked the police to keep him away.

"They asked if I was brought there against my will," she said. "I told them I was, that he had handcuffed and bound me. An officer shined a light on my wrists, saw the sores from the handcuffs, and arrested Garrido."

Though Garrido was put behind bars for what he did, Hall said that night changed her life forever. "For years, I walked around like a zombie," she said. "I had to tell everyone Imet what had happened to me -- because I didn't feel like myself. It was as if I had to explain why I wasn't 'normal.' "For her, that's the biggest pain Garrido put her though.

"I was a good person. I lived right, and treated others well," she said.
"He changed my life in an instant. I don't feel like I can ever be that person again. Being victimized is something that only a victim can understand. I hate that he did this to me, and I doubt I'll ever get over it."

Though the trauma of her kidnapping has stayed with her all of these years, Hall said she couldn't even begin to imagine the pain Garrido has caused Dugard and the two children she had with him.

"The only thing I can think of worse than what happened to me, is it happening to my child," she said. "I can't imagine what Jaycee is going through. He had me for 8 hours. He had her for 18 years.

"I was an adult, with instincts that helped me deal with the situation. She was a child. This is going to be with her for the rest of her life. I can only wish her the best."

MARKET WHEEL  WEDNESDAY 09/02/09
Dow9,280.67-29.93 (-.32%)
NASDAQ1,967.07- 1.82  (-.09%)
S&P  
994.075  3.29  (-.33%)


MARKET WHEEL THURSDAY 09/03/09
DOW       9,344.61 +63.94 (+0.69%)
NASDAQ   1,983.2 + 16.13  (+0.82%)
S&P          1,003.24 + 8.49  (+0.85%

MARKET FUTURES THURSDAY 09/03/09

Stock futures up on retailers, ahead of jobless data

Stock index futures rose on Thursday, ready to snap a four-day losing streak as retailers posted better-than-expected August sales and as investors wait for weekly jobless claims data. 9/3/2009 8:25 AM
US gold rises toward $990 on asset allocation demand At Thomson Reuters 10:48 AM...
5 Growth Stocks Poised for Double-Digit Gains At InvestorPlace 09/02/09
Despite the popular prognostications that September is historically the worst month ever for the stock market and that nothing but doom lies ahead, there are plenty of good growth stocks to buy right now. In fact, here are five growth stocks that are poised to enjoy double-digit gains in the months ahead.
Solar and Wind Sectors Powering Alternative Energy Industry Going 09/01/09
The Solar and Wind sectors are powering the alternative energy industry over the next two years -- with Hybrid cars and Smart Grids also set to benefit from new energy initiatives. But which companies are best positioned to profit?
Retail Stocks May Look Good, But There Is Trouble Beneath the 09/01/09
Some retail stocks have turned in better-than-expected earnings lately, but beware: the crunch is still coming as credit is being pulled.
Market Report -- In Play (UFPT) 09:50 AM
UFP Technologies acquires selected assets of Advanced Materials Group Co announces that it has purchased certain assets of Advanced Materials Group, a foam fabricator serving the medical market, filed...
Market Report -- In Play (ECONX) 09:50 AM
Reminder: ISM Services data due out in 10 minutes at 10:00 ET &nbsp...
Market Report -- In Play (CTS) 09:49 AM
CTS Corp awarded production program for Smart Actuators Co was awarded a major new production program for a smart actuator by a global diesel engine manufacturer. The smart actuator is used as a key...
Market Report -- Story Stocks (DLM) 09:47 AM
Del Monte Del Monte (DLM 11.14, +0.78) reported first quarter results this morning, well above Wall Street expectations. The company reported earnings of $0.30 per share, $0.26...
Market Report -- In Play () 09:40 AM
Moody's lowers Lufthansa to Ba1/NP; stable outlook Moody's lowered the long-term and short-term issuer ratings of Deutsche Lufthansa AG to Ba1/Not-prime from Baa3/Prime-3. At the same time Moody's has...
Market Report -- In Play (HBIO) 09:37 AM
Harvard Biosci acquires Denville Scientific, expects the acquisition to be accretive to EPS for 2009 Co announces that it has acquired the business of Denville Scientific through a purchase of...
Market Report -- Short Stories (OXM) 09:34 AM
Oxford Industries upgraded to Buy at KeyBanc Capital Mkts; tgt $18 . KeyBanc Capital Mkts upgrades OXM to Buy from Hold and sets target price at $18 given strong trends, adroit execution, and...
Market Report -- Short Stories (ORN) 09:33 AM
Orion Marine: Backlog surging on two new contract wins totaling $81 mln - FBR Capital . FBR Capital notes that over the past two days, ORN has announced two contract awards that, combined, are valued...
Market Report -- Short Stories (CCL) 09:32 AM
Carnival tgt raised to $34 at Credit Suisse as volume growth remains encouraging . Credit Suisse raises their CCL tgt to $34 from $30. The firm notes that precedent cycles and unique cruise category...
Market Report -- Short Stories (HOV) 09:31 AM
Hovnanian Entrpr downgraded to Underperform at Credit Suisse . Credit Suisse downgrades HOV to Underperform from Neutral following the co's Q3 results that missed EPS expectations by $0.64. The firm...
Market Report -- In Play (ARD) 09:31 AM
Arena Resources increases 2009 capital expenditure budget 26% to $107 million Co announces it has approved an increase in the 2009 capital expenditure budget) to a total of $107 million. The previous...
Market Report -- Story Stocks (JCP) 09:29 AM
JCPenney JCPenney (JCP 29.71) reported disappointing same-store sales for August and said it expects the decline to continue in September. JCPenney reported that August same-store...
Market Report -- Story Stocks (PSS) 09:29 AM
Collective Brands Collective Brands (PSS 15.77) reported disappointing Q2 results after the close yesterday with earnings and revenue falling short of expectations. The company...
Market Report -- Short Stories (CSCO) 09:28 AM
Cisco Systems tgt raised to $27 at RBC Capital Mkts on growth initiatives . RBC Capital Mkts notes Cisco is turning up the offensive as it focuses to reclaim lost market share and grow its addressable...
Market Report -- Short Stories (MDS) 09:27 AM
Midas Inc tgt raised to $9.50 at Jefferies following sale of AT business . Jefferies raises their MDZ tgt to $9.50 from $6.50 following the co's agreement to sell its Analytical Technologies business...

No comments: