Sunday, April 1, 2012

MEGA MILLIONS - What's wrong with it?

Last Friday, along with millions of other dreamers, I purchased about $65 in tickets.  It was the first time in decades that I submitted to such foolishness.  My logic was to be in the game in order to win..  My winnings amounted between the sum of  $3.00 to a high of $80.  Playing for years without winning anything substantial became boring and a waste of time and money.

However, for the sake of my Mahjongg friends, we thought it would be fun to chip in this one time.  Okay, So I got carried away.  Besides chipping in with the ladies, I added my own money for additional tickets. Asking my out of town friends and relatives to purchase tickets for me was most unusual, as Florida does not participate in the Mega Million Lottery

Investing $65 all over the country, I won $13.00 of the winning tickets  Two tickets contained #23 for the Mega and one ticket had two out of three with the Mega 23.  My son had three out of 5, winning less than $10

Whether the lottery is two million or 640 million the payout is the same for the small winners. THIS IS NOT FAIR.  The payout should be the same percentage as the first and second place

The Multi State Lottery Association had focus groups deciding how to play this game.  Their findings were that not many people would play unless it is in Mega Millions with less payouts to the small winners  I disagree with their findings. More people would play if the smaller winners had better chances.  It would give them more of an incentive to play often.

Therefore, lets sign a petition on this web site where I can send it to the  Multi-State Lottery Association for their review. Use your name, city and state in the COMMENTS.

LETS SEE IF OUR VOICE COUNTS



.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you really mean is that a certain percentage of the total amount of the lottery should go to the 2nd place and or the 3rd place. As an example 10% should go to the 2nd & 3rd place. $60 million would be great incentive to the runners up. Than you would see many more people trying there luck.